For a while now, I have been working on a couple of Christian Romance novels. Writing novels was far from anything I thought I would ever do, but one night I had a dream, one that actually made a lot of sense (those types of dreams are a rarity). The next morning I thought, “Wouldn’t it be fun to find out what happens?” Not long afterwards, I began a journey into the unknown: finding out what happened. I loved it! And other book ideas kept flooding in, to the necessity of requiring a notebook to write them all down.
Ironically, a few days ago, I saw something about the title of the current book I’m writing. It was then I thought: “God wrote the greatest love story ever written.” He sent His Son to die in my place (and yours) for one unique and glorious purpose: a beautiful offer of everlasting life. It was a death He didn’t have to commit to, but He did so out of His love for us. His love is triumphant. He defeated death.
“For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16,
Holman Christian Standard Bible
In love, it is a two way street to see its fulfillment. True love must be freely given, but it also has to be fully received to reap the benefits of that love. God freely gave His Son for all, but, sadly, not all choose to receive the benefits of that love, i.e. eternal life through Jesus.
Here are a few truths about God’s gift of love through His Son, Jesus:
1. It is freely given (Acts 4:12, Rom. 5:16)
2. It comes with a reward: eternal life (John 3:16)
3. It is life changing (It reverts our death sentence; Rom. 5: 15-18.)
4. It is everlasting (Rom. 8: 35-39)
5. It is complete (Eph. 3:19, John 19:30)
6. It is absolute (1 John 4: 8, 16)
7. It is unchangeable (Once accepted by us, it can never be taken back; John 10:28-29, Eph. 1:13,14)
8. It never dies (Rom. 8: 35-39)
9. It is not forced (We have free will to accept it or not; Rom. 10: 9-13)
10. It is filled with grace (Eph. 2: 4-5)
11. It is guiltless (Rom. 8: 1-2)
12. It is judgeless (Rom. 8:1-2)
13. It is forgiving (Rom. 4:7-8)
14. It is greater than all our fears (1 John 4:18)
15. It is faithful (Gen. 32:10, 1 John 1:9)
16. It is unfailing (Gen. 32:10, I Kings 8:23, Is. 63:7)
God is so good. His mercies never cease. His love is above all.
God wants us to fall in Love with Him, through faith in His Son, Jesus. His love displayed on the cross triumphed over the curse of death that we deserved.
That is a love that is true.